Our new family of Five
Blog Archive
Thursday, February 5, 2009
To go along with my what's going on post. Isaac was really sick last night, throwing up, even the smell of food made him sick. Ben being Ben always thinking about food, went into Isaac's room to keep him company. Well he just couldn't go in empty handed, so he brought in a plate of food. This after I had told him that Isaac couldn't' eat anything, I was going to do the brat diet for him. (For anyone that doesn't know, banana's rice, applesauce, dry toast.) So when I got home and heard that Isaac had thrown up because Ben had brought in food, I was a little miffed. Then Ben tells me, "I was going in there to keep him company, and the food was for me." I had to laugh. Only Ben would think nothing of bringing in food to eat in front of someone who is so sick their throwing up. He does that kinda stuff. I say, man my back is really hurting,and Ben says, "could you carry this?" If he wasn't so sweet, (wanting to keep Isaac company), I'd of smacked him for being so absent minded. I do have to say though, that I've got a great husband. Last night I put Isaac in the shower cause he had thrown up on everything, and I come back out to start cleaning up the gross mess, and Ben had already started cleaning it. I didn't' have to ask him or say anything at all. How many men would jump right in and start cleaning up vomit?! I'd have to say other than his preoccupation with food, he's a pretty great dad. Even his preoccupation with food always makes for funny stories. I said earlier that everyone has something, but nobody has the same thing. I woke up this morning with no voice and just feeling yuck, Ben woke up with a cold, and Isaac woke up feeling better than last night and starving. The girls are the same. Alyssa still needs her breathing treatments, and Kaila is just stressin her self out. That's a whole other story. My apologies for all the vomit talk, I'm not doing so well keeping all of these adventures written down, so my blog is becoming a journal. A public journal, but at least it's written down somewhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I always wished your brother had been more like Ben. There are a lot of qualities in Ben that I see in my dad and in Tony. Tony would have cleaned up kid puke!! He even cleans his own toilet!! I am sorry you are having such a crummy week!. Wish I was there to give you a break. Can't believe how big Alyssa is getting.
ReplyDelete