I am attempting to create a blog with the hope that when we move to California, I can keep all of our friends and Family up dated on our adventures and daily life. Please bare with me as I try to learn the ways of this high tech society we are now in and try to create what is known as a blog. So with that being said, my journey begins...

Our new family of Five

Our new family of Five

Blog Archive

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

When it rains, it pours...and we don't have enough buckets.

Here's another journaling moment. I have had a heck of a time here. I just down right don't like it here!! The weekend that Isaac was throwing up he got some on my couch. We cleaned it up and within two days it had grown mold all over it! 2 days!! So now I'm out a stinkin couch. Then on the same day, we had to fork out $500 dollars for Ben's truck. The brakes were in desperate need of fixin. That $500 dollars didn't even cover it all. We still need another grand to completely fix the brakes. (Any prayers on our behave should include that our brakes hold out until we win the lottery. Then I guess we get excommunicated. I guess we're in trouble either way.) Then, on the same day, we're told that our rent has been raised and we still owe them $150 dollars. WHAT?!! I wonder what the heck is the point of signing a lease if they can raise our rent whenever they fancy?! Then, we were finally able to get Alyssa in to get her pictures taken, and it was a complete waste of time. The girl who was taking the pictures was horrible. Not one picture came out nice. She wouldn't let me pick the pose, or the props. She complained to us that our baby was too serious and couldn't smile, and criticized Isaac for having what she called a phony smile. (yes, that's gonna make him wanna smile more.) It wasn't the baby, it was the photographer. So after the complete headache of getting everyone dressed and looking nice, we ended up with no pictures. AUGH, did I mention I'm not liking it here at all?!!

4 comments:

  1. Im really sorry! You didn't happen to go to Kiddie Kandids did you? I won't ever go there again... We went when Skyler was 3 months old and it was the worste experiance! I won't go back! Anyway, Im sorry your hating it so bad down there. Its to bad that things couldn't go better while your in nice california... Must mean you guys are meant for Utah.... Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come home soon - you don't have too much longer. We don't grow moldy couches here in Utah either (at least not that I have had). The pictures are SO hard to do with everyone, and getting one right is such a chore. I hope that things get better! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say save your money and take your own pictures of your kids! They tend to turn out better. My boys have only been photographed professionally once - because all the grandkids were having their pictures taken for Grams. I keep the picture only for laughs, both boys are scowling and don't look anything like themselves. It's serriously bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sorry to hear things are not going well. I wish I were there girl I would force you to be happy. I hope your kids start to feel better. I cant wait to see you guys in June. Just keep telling yourself JEN IS COMING JEN IS COMING!!!! Love ya tons. Get well soon.
    PS The cat is doing great. He/she was just cold and hurgry. I'll send pictures.

    ReplyDelete