Our new family of Five
Blog Archive
Monday, February 23, 2009
Still, not enough buckets...
Here's another journaling moment. My moms tells me all of the time that I will look back on this time here and laugh at all the things that are going on. "Write it down," she says when I tell her what's going on, "one day you'll laugh about it." My reply, "it won't be soon enough." So, mom, I'm writing it down. Today, it started out as a normal day. Raining, and chilly. I took Kaila to school and felt good that we weren't rushing like usual. Then it was time for Isaac. I dropped him off and enjoyed the peace that comes with just having Alyssa at home. I tidied up a little and got Alyssa down for her nap. I did some laundry, ironed some clothes, and before I knew it, it was time to go get Isaac. I go out to the car with only 10 minutes before I had to be there to get him, and guess what?! The stinkin car wouldn't start. IT WOULD NOT START. Now, keep in mind, I'm here with no friends, and no access to another car. Isaac is at preschool, where it's essential that I pick him up on time, or else...(I don't know what will happen, I just now, we've been warned against it.) So of course I'm panicking and don't' know what I'm gonna do. Long story short, Ben has a friend down the street who has a wife, who helped me out. I was able to pick up Isaac (late), and everything ended up fine, but oh, the complete panic,to have no friends and my poor son stuck at school. Apparently I was let off with just a warning to not be late again because I have never been late before. So that worked out okay, but augh!!! If there has ever been a stressful situation, it would have to of been this. To be so concerned about your child and be so worried about how you were gonna get to them, it's a feeling I never want to experience again. So, I wonder when I'll be laughing about this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment