On Friday night Alyssa broke out with a fever. (103). I gave her medicine during the night, but she just got worse and worse. Come Saturday morning I took her to urgent care. I get there and the doctor checked her out and then said, "she needs to go to the E.R. She's stable enough that we don't need to get an ambulance." WHAT?? That made me so scared. How sick was she that I had to rush her to the E.R? It turns out that she was diagnosed with pneumonia. I was given antibiotics for her and directions on how to care for her. I thought all would be fine at that point. Then this morning, my sweet baby took a turn for the worse. She threw up each time I tried to give her medicine, wouldn't nurse anymore and was just down right irritable. Ben called into the hospital and told them what was going on and once again, we were told to take her into the hospital. When I got there with her, her temperature was 103 again. Once we were admitted the torture began. They dug in both her arms looking for a vein. It broke my heart to see my little baby suffering through the ordeal. They got her on an iv and took blood from her. After all that I'm told that her blood work was fine, but she was dehydrated and the iv fluids and antibiotics should help her feel better. I'm praying that the worst is behind us. Hopefuuly I can get more than 2 hours of sleep tonight.
Our new family of Five
Blog Archive
Sunday, November 9, 2008
It's been a tough weekend...
On Friday night Alyssa broke out with a fever. (103). I gave her medicine during the night, but she just got worse and worse. Come Saturday morning I took her to urgent care. I get there and the doctor checked her out and then said, "she needs to go to the E.R. She's stable enough that we don't need to get an ambulance." WHAT?? That made me so scared. How sick was she that I had to rush her to the E.R? It turns out that she was diagnosed with pneumonia. I was given antibiotics for her and directions on how to care for her. I thought all would be fine at that point. Then this morning, my sweet baby took a turn for the worse. She threw up each time I tried to give her medicine, wouldn't nurse anymore and was just down right irritable. Ben called into the hospital and told them what was going on and once again, we were told to take her into the hospital. When I got there with her, her temperature was 103 again. Once we were admitted the torture began. They dug in both her arms looking for a vein. It broke my heart to see my little baby suffering through the ordeal. They got her on an iv and took blood from her. After all that I'm told that her blood work was fine, but she was dehydrated and the iv fluids and antibiotics should help her feel better. I'm praying that the worst is behind us. Hopefuuly I can get more than 2 hours of sleep tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Oh my GOSH!!! I hope everything is okay. We will pray for her to make a speedy recovery. Pneumonia is horriable, I had it when I was younger and my Mom said it was the worst thing that a mom could go through.
ReplyDeleteSo So sorry Yolanda! I'm sure these are the times when it is hard to be this far away from friends and family. :( Thanks for the email. I hope that your ward realizes how awesome you guys are and that you make some friends. I think it is great that you are becoming such good friends with Kaila's teacher. That is so good. Our prayers are with you guys - and we hope that Alyssa is feeling better soon so that you both can get back to normal!
ReplyDeleteYolanda, I am so sorry to hear that. I hope that she gets better real soon. Poor little angel. how are you and ben holding up? I'll be thinking about you guys. take good care of yourself and your little ones
ReplyDelete