This year, I decided that the kids were old enough to pick out a special gift just from them for their dad. I first took Isaac to the store to look around and decide what he wanted for his dad. A few minutes of looking around and Isaac spotted the perfect present. A shirt! Not just any shirt, but as Isaac put it, "my twin shirt." He picked out a shirt that looked just like the one he was wearing. He was so excited at the idea of he and his dad having the same shirt. I helped Isaac get the right size for his dad and then Isac insisted on holding it. He carried it around everywhere he went, all the while with a huge grin on his face. As we were getting into the car, he said to me, "daddy and me are gonna look so handsome in our new shirts, aren't we mom?" It's so amazing to see how much my kids are growing. I feel happy, but kinda sad too. Isaac's picking out the "perfect" gift for his dad today, and tomorrow he's going to be picking out the "perfect" wife. It's all going too fast!!






No comments:
Post a Comment