I am attempting to create a blog with the hope that when we move to California, I can keep all of our friends and Family up dated on our adventures and daily life. Please bare with me as I try to learn the ways of this high tech society we are now in and try to create what is known as a blog. So with that being said, my journey begins...

Our new family of Five

Our new family of Five

Blog Archive

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's never gonna end...

We arrived here in CA right as school let out for a 2 week break. I thought, great, the timing couldn't be better. We had planned on Kaila attending Marshall Park because it is right here on base maybe a 5 min. walk away from our home. To my surprise and utter dismay, we were told that the school is at maximum capacity and that we can't enroll Kaila in that school. So we have to take her to Martin Luther King Jr. elementary/Jr high school. That's right, grades k-8Th grade all attend the same school. So the school is set up as a sort of Junior high school, complete with its' own officer. Heaven forbid my 2ND grader is late, she'll have to answer to him. Not at all intimidating! Anyway, at Kaila's new school, it's mandatory uniforms. She has to wear black pants or skirt with a white collared shirt. She's really cute in it. The crappy thing, we just did school shopping and are now doing it again. So all of those way cute clothes we just bought her, I guess they are now play clothes. Ironic isn't it? Ben thought we would be making money out here, and instead I think we're spending more money out here. On a lighter note, I love Kaila's teacher already. So far she's made a very good impression on me. Kaila came home happy. That was a huge relief to me because I was really nervous for her having to be the "new" kid in an entirely new environment. She is so much braver than I am though. She talked and interacted. When we went to church on Sunday, I didn't talk to anyone, and no one talked to me. I keep to myself. It's a weakness I wish I didn't have and I really worried that Kaila was the same way, but no, she is stronger than I am and I'm so proud of her. I'll have to learn from her example. As for Isaac, I can't get him in a preschool right now. I might be able to get him in in December, but maybe not. He's so full of energy, he just needs to get out and have friends. Instead, we're stuck here with no one for him to be a crazy boy with. I'm really bumed out about that. This was the year I really wanted him in school and just my luck, he's not. Who's karma am I getting...? Nothing is really working out right out here.

3 comments:

  1. Dont worry, things take time and in time everything will be the way you want it to be... Cheer up! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer for you on the new clothes and on Isaac not getting into a pre-school. At least next year he will be in kindergarten and I'm sure they will have room for him there :0. How big is the house that you are in? Do you like everything else so far, or is it taking a bit of time to adjust? Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there sis! It will take time for you to get used to your new environment especially with a new state and their weird way of life, this coming from a Californian. Although, I am surprised that no one came and introduced themselves to you in church. CA mormons are generally very friendly and outgoing. Kaila looks cute in her uniform

    ReplyDelete